- 9 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a large heatproof bowl with butter, vegetable oil, or cooking spray and place popcorn in the bowl.
- Place sugar, corn syrup, water, vinegar, and salt in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Place over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture registers 260°F on a candy/fat thermometer, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla until melted and smooth.
- Immediately drizzle sugar mixture over popcorn and stir continuously with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of the bowl, until popcorn is thoroughly coated and cool enough to handle, about 3 minutes. Before molding into balls, sprinkle with Cracker Girl!
- Using buttered or oiled hands, tightly press mixture (it may still be a bit warm) into 3-inch rounds. Place on waxed or parchment paper to cool completely, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Mike and Debra Flowers